Sunday, October 26, 2008

Intro to cyanide

I totally forgot to mention in the previous 2 comic strip posts that they have been inspired by the comic strip - Cyanide and Happiness. I did not realize that many people might know about it. (check Bhushan's comments on my chatbox! No Bhushan, I am not going crazy!! I just happen to be a Cyanide fan :D)

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about this kinda humour:

The style of Cyanide and Happiness is best described as dark, cynical, often offensive, and exceedingly irreverent. Frequent topics of humor include disabilities, rape, cancer, murder, suicide, necrophilia, pedophilia, sexual deviancy, sexually transmitted diseases, self-mutilation, nihilism and violence. The comic does not always have a definite punchline in each strip, or may have several panels of "awkward silence" after (or instead of) the punchline, with characters simply staring at each other.

Try reading the comic. It seems that very few people enjoy it and hence are unable to appreciate the humor present. I personally find it hilarious :D
A big thanks to Arnold for introducing me to Cyanide :) My dream of making at least one comic strip has already been realized :D and yes, I will try to think of my very own comic strip with my very characters :D

Anyone interested is most welcome to collaborate.

4 comments:

FifthBeatle said...

>>"(check Bhushan's comments on my chatbox! No Bhushan, I am not going crazy!! I just happen to be a Cyanide fan :D)"

Common theory holds that in order to be a fan of C&H (or even appreciate it, for that matter), you must be crazy. Ergo, your argument is invalid.

Abhi said...

Am in.

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

okay! i am totally bonkers then! :D
anybody else who is, say aye!

i really dont know why people dont like Cyanide .. you must be a little crazy in order to enjoy life :)

Hamid Mehmood said...

Find information about seo here.

www.penguinproofseo.com