Friday, September 08, 2006

To "cell" or not to "cell" is the question!!

 Recently I’ve caught myself rhapsodizing about cell phones with camera. Never have I fantasized anything, or for that matter, anyone more than these wonderful little gadgets!!

The requirements were simple:

1. A minimum 2 MP camera … for the most stunning shots one can take from a cell phone
2. An mp3 playback … for those times when you have this urge to listen to a particular song at that very moment
3. A Bluetooth device and a Bluetooth headset … for obvious reasons!!

So obviously I wanted one and the only way out was to ask mum and dad for it … Dad not being here, mum was the only one I could try my luck on.

Blackmailing has never worked in our household. So armed with a pre-calculated shoe-string budget I decided to approach my “World Bank” with complete honesty … no frills, no nonsense.
The first attempt was a disastrous one … a flat “NO” with no particular reasons was offered for an answer.

Needless to say, I was dejected and disheartened but further attempts continued … as catastrophic as the first one. This silsila continued for a few days while I kept searching for various nokia models … of course mum had no idea about this … I guess she was at peace with me not ranting and raving about a new cell phone.

Now I was stuck between Nokia 6233, 3235, 6265 … I’m not even thinking about the N-series … too far fetched unless your parents regularly feature on page 3!!

So one day we were just quietly sitting and doing nothing in particular ... so i decided to implore mum once again to get me the love of my life ...

me: what a boring day!!
mum: totally!
me: let's do sumthing interesting!!
mum: what do u have in mind??
me: i dunno ... let's try out sum new eating place!!
mum: hmmm
me: or roam on the streets ... listenin to gr8 music ... take sum whacky pics on our way ...
                   * silence *
mum: but the cam's gone for a six!!
                   * more silence *
me: then let's just go out and shop for one .....
                   * if silence cud kill ... this was it!! *
me: tell u wot ... lets get out and luk for sumthin chic ... forget d cam ... we can luk for sumthing which has an integrated camera, mp3 playback ... and bluetooth ofcourse ... so dad and i can share all the whacky stuff we shoot!! i've got some great ideas about .....
mum: * visibly angry * Whatever they are, just don't "cell" them to me!!!!!


Well ... so I guess I can't ask her again now, can I?? So I guess i'll just wait for me to start earning sum bucks next year and then get one ...
damn!! why me God?? why me??

PS: Saw a Sony Ericsson K-750i today ... 3 MP camera ... u think I should give one more shot at asking her??

No comments: