Saturday, February 17, 2007

I can't think of a title! :(

Alright! I am just back from watching Blood Diamond and I MUST say that Mr.Leonardo DiCaprio is a fantastic piece of work!! ;) :D
The first movie of his I've seen on big screen .. apart from maybe umm .. Titanic .. but man .. this dude is something, alright! He's changed so much! Right from titanic to catch me if u can to gangs of new york to blood diamond!! And I am certainly NOT complaining! ;)

But I am wondering about something .. two things actually.
Why do most girls cry while watching movies and why don't most girls like action flicks?

The reason I am pondering over these two questions is that I was flanked on either side with one specimen of both kinds today, at the multiplex . So I am sitting there .. engrossed in the movie for most part .. turning only when this piece of crapp would start kicking my seat in the back.
It was during one such head-turning moment I happened to spot this girl on my right crying away to glory. And I tried to analyze what could have possibly made her cry. And then it occured to me .. it was the sight of Leo nearing his end. He was on phone with Jennifer and I am sure she must have guessed that he was dying. But she never shed a tear .. and yet this girl .. half a world away .. is shedding her "precious drops of pearl" over a character that doesn't even exist!!
Ok .. I am sick already .. so I'll just stop wondering about it this instant.

Another head-turning moment caused me to find the girl sitting on my left trying to cope with the heavy doze of violence being inflicted upon her, courtesy ....... ME!
Had I known she doesn't like violent/action flicks I would have never dragged her for blood diamond. But c'mon .. if a Merc or an Audi isn't blown off to pieces, or bullet shots and firing taking place, or bikes zooming off .. with the riders displaying their stunts .. all within the 1st 15 seconds of the movie .. it seems like the movie isn't really going anywhere.

Now now .. I am not a hater of non-violent/non-action flicks .. its just that I'd prefer an MI:3 or a Tokyo Drift any day to a KANK or Titanic or any movie featuring Aishwarya Rai for that matter.
But I can watch ANY movie (barring all of Aishwarya's) as long as I am watching it on big screen! :D

Okay .. I can't really talk about movies either so I'll just stop writing here!

10 comments:

Golu said...

argh! I didnt know that he dies. Not that I have a crush on Leo, but now I know the ending !!!

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

ohh!! sorry to have been the party-pooper! :(
though I am surprised you still havn't seen it! i guess i am not the only one who watches movies tad too late! ;)

Anonymous said...

u ruthless brute!!..u like ACTION FLICKS...shame i say!!..wat kind of a fine,chic girl likes blowing cars!!highly preposterous.. goodness gracious me..the world is coming to an end!!

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

f*** .. what the hell are u saying??u mean YOU dont like action flicks at all?? i thought atleast YOU wud be interested!! :O

I will settle anyday for an action flick involving cars and bikes anyday rather than going for the emotional crapp!! :D

Golu said...

Well I somehow managed to miss the latest batch of movies. Else, I am quite prompt in catching them :)

BTW...found one of the comments really funny.

"wat kind of a fine,chic girl likes blowing cars" -> I know what ever happened to the existence of men :P

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

ohh the men are still there, alright!!
its just that some of us girls enjoy the same things on-screen as them men!!
btw,Maggie-Q did that in MI:3 .. blowing up the Lamborghini Gallardo Protagonist!! Frankly, I happened to love that scene from the movie .. and also hated it for blowing up such a cool car!!

Golu said...

aah sigh! you didn't get my point ... anyways :D

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

@golu : really? :O i am extremely sorry!
kindly share with us some of your gyaan o enlightened one! ;)

Golu said...

well let me say my stress was more on the part that read "girl likes blowing" :P

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

Oh My God!Whoever said guys have a one track mind was definitely correct!! :P