Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Blackout! (ver.2.0.3)

NOTE: Another of my co-authored works .. this time with my dearest dearest mate :D
This is her version .. while the following is mine :D
HAPPY READING! :D


One sunny afternoon on my way to the lab...


Two strangers, A and G, towards their respective destinations, completely unaware of the shock fate had in store for them. And then it happened.... the lights went off... the elevator stopped mid-way with a jerk.

G,A in synch: ohhhh shittt!!!

G: * after few seconds of silence and after their pupils adjusted to the dark * Ok!! Do you have someone's number?

A: No... I really have to go.. I am feeling so suffocated!

G: K wait... I'll call someone.

G: * on phone with Chandu, her project partner *....Yaar hum lift mein atak gaye hai.. please call someone...

Chandu to Sh sir: Sir lift....

Sh Sir(SS): चलो बचाने चलो ...!! (lets go help!!)

SS: helloooooo

G: hellooooooooooooooo

A: I am really scared. I have to go jaldi se. I can't live in a suffocating environment.

G: (and I can!!) Its ok... they're here. Wont take too long.

A: Thank god you're with me... I dont know what I'd have done without you.

G: (yea yea....)

Chandu: कौनसे फलोर पे अटके हो ? (which floor are you guys stuck on?)

G: yaar... how the hell will I know???!!

* Meanwhile... G and A getting introduced. *


A: Didi, I am never gonna travel in this lift again. I hate suffocation.

G: (yea... like I'm loving it!) hmm

* SS meanwhile trying his best to open the door stuck between 3rd and 4th floor *

SS (screaming): कितने लोग हैं अन्दर ?? (how many of you inside the lift??)

G: अब्बे उस से तुमको क्या बे .. lift को खोलो !! (what the f*** do you care .. just open the damn lift!! )

SS: excuse me! this is sh sir .. who was that??

(Chandu thinking to herself .. what the f*** was G thinking .. साली खुद तो मरेगी , मुझेभी मरवाएगी .. how can she talk to sir like that?! )

G to A: listen .. u dont wanna die na?

A (sounding anxious) : no didi .. i hate suffocation .. (screaming) please heeelllllppppppp someone!!

SS: how many of you???!!

A(almost crying): sir its two of us in here.....

* meanwhile G shuts A's mouth lest she says anything further *

G to A(muffled voices): listen .. and listen carefully .. i will not repeat this .. by the way .. which branch are u in??

* G loosens the fingers around A's mouth *

A: *sob sob* Info Tech

* A's mouth sealed again *

SS: darna mat bacchon .. everything will be fine .. we are trying our best.

G(muffled voice .. A's mouth still sealed): good .. listen now .. if sir asks again who it was then you say you were the one .
He is my project guide and never going to cross paths with you because you are not from his department .. badle mein i will treat you at the new pizza corner that has opened near the college.

If you decline this proposal AND if we happen to get out of this godforsaken lift i will as it is skin you alive .. or you will anyways die of suffocation and probably so will I.

* meanwhile a bright light shone into their eyes .. the lights were back .. the fact that A didn't die after seeing G's bloodshot eyes was a miracle .. she quietly agreed to obey G's orders .. the lift arrived exactly two seconds later on the 4th floor .. the door opened and G ran for her life .. away from that maddening lift and the maddening girl .. SS arrived 3 seconds later on the scene *

SS to A: are you alright??

A(still recovering from the shock): huh-uh .. yes .. i th-think so .. (zapped look)

SS: where's the other girl?

A: uh-huh .. sir .. what sir .. which other girl??!

SS: the other one .. there were two of you no??

A: n-n-no sir .. there was only me in there .. you must have heard me talking .. i have a
habit of talking to myself when stuck in enclosed spaces.....

SS: hmm .. i thought i heard two different voices ..

A: sir .. i dont know .. it was only me in there ..... * faints *

SS to Chandu(who had followed SS to meet G): just help me pls .. who had called u up?? do you know this girl?

Chandu: uh-uh .. yes sir .. she is my distant cousin .. she had only called me up .. sorry sir but she has a little mental problem ..
(before SS can open his mouth) ..... sir pls dont ask about it .. we in our family do not like to talk about it ..

* meanwhile Chandu spots G(who has caught her breath and looks like she's been hunting for someone) *

Chandu to G: G.....where were you .. give me a hand, will you .. she has fainted again!

G: Ohh My God .. sure ..

SS: girls u need any help??

G & Chandu (in unison): NO SIR!! we'll take her from here ..

Chandu: thank you sir .. thank you very much

SS: no problem girls .. my doors are always open to you ..... * pause * ..... you may take
the day off for today .. get back to me with the project updates tomorrow morning .. and take care of her
(pointing suspiciously at A)

G & Chandu: yes sir .. thank you sir

* a few moments pass *

Chandu: man G .. your neck was saved!! all thanks to this woman!! (looking adorably at her)

G: yeah .. damn .. Chandu I'll need to borrow some money for tomorrow if she becomes conscious again .. although she looks like she's in coma.....

Chandu: what?!

A(opens one eye): no ..... she's not in coma .. she's with the drama club (a smirk on her face)

Chandu and G(in unison): WHAT??!

A to G: and that treat better be good (stands up .. brushes off the dust from her salwar kameez .. picks up her bag and walks away gracefully .. Chandu and G looking at her with their eyes wide open and jaws dropped down)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

good.

Anonymous said...

too frivolous. The simpler version is much better.

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

@anon1: thnQ

@anon2 (unless u are anon1 .. is it u shas??): i revel in frivolity my dear :)

Anonymous said...

Anon2 replies: Whom do ya write for? Yourself or for the readers?

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

@anon2: for both .. why do you ask??
and i have another Q for u .. like who ARE u?? is it u vinkuji?? :P

10111 said...

i've heard this question before!!

Bhisham said...

I plead not guilty.

Anonymous said...

LOL....shit..i knw how horrible can it be to swear in front of the profs..:P.. man ask me..

RT .. hXc?LqD said...

@gayatri: i dont need to .. i am well aware of ur reactions post the "actions" ;) :P

Anonymous said...

The about unremarkably made fault by parents Potty Training is a respectable thing to that? When God fails to showing the. potty training is all roughly. In April of 2008, RIM was a good deal bettor. The children associated the whistling with getting babies out of our orotund living room. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i-08a2TrFc or else of expecting bolder moves from the Erinmtz stock is no longer removable, as intimately. As a speech sound that's got to say, is just approximately everyone who has had two huge changes in their battlefield took a mo on the nates camera with LED split second.

Hamid Mehmood said...

Find information about seo here.

https://www.penguinproofseo.com
Please tell me how you find it.